Update July 30th - Racing Cancelled for August
There have been no recent changes to the current prohibitions on competing in and training for contact sports, including bike racing. Also we have not been able to get local government endorsement for permits, and Victoria Police are not issuing permits. Consequently we will not be able to race this Saturday. Rather than making decisions week by week, the Committee has decided to abandon racing until at least the end of August, and make decisions on a monthly basis from then on. This is disappointing for all of us but the club has an obligation to be safe, and to be seen to be strictly applying the rules.
Keep an eye on this page and the Club website for updates.
Latest Update July 19th 2020.
Prohibitions on contact sport training and competition were re-imposed on regional Victoria on July 10th. We have been advised that club-organised bunch rides may be classified as training and so would be prohibited. We will continue with our conservative approach and have therefore cancelled the proposed July 25th social ride from Woodstock. The Minister for Community Sport will give a further update before the end of July, when we will review our racing and training schedule. In the meantime, please stay safe and follow all the guidelines.
July to December 2020 Race Fixture
The provisional fixture for July to December can be found here. Keep an eye on the Club's Facebook page for updates.
Covid 19 Update and July Newsletter.
Return to Racing
We’re on schedule to resume racing on July 25th with a 59 kilometre handicap at Woodstock, if (and it’s a big if) the Victoria Police have resumed issuing permits by then. At the moment the Police are not issuing permits, pending direction from the Government and possibly legislative changes.
Race details and corner steward rosters will be up on the website in the next few days and posted and emailed to all members.
… And if we don’t get the permits?
If the permits don’t come through, the Club will hold social group rides at the time and place of the scheduled race. So for example if the permit for the race at Woodstock on July 25th is not issued, we will hold a social group ride over the same course, departing Woodstock at 2:00 p.m. These no-drop group rides will continue to replace racing until the permits come through. They should be a lot of fun and will give everyone the chance to reconnect even if we can’t race.
Keep your eye on the Facebook page or website for any updates to the racing situation.
The committee is also looking at running criterium races at the Huntly Livestock Exchange. The City of Greater Bendigo is allowing racing at this location, and because it’s not on public roads a Police permit is not required. We’ll let you know if these crits will go ahead when the permit situation becomes clearer.
Covid 19 Protocols at Races
The CVVCC is preparing a Pandemic Safety Plan under the direction of Club Pandemic Safety Officers Brett Williams and Wendy Bennett. As well as the usual personal hand-washing and cleaning procedures the following protocols will be in place:
· Cash entries will still be taken on the day in but special note cleaning procedures will be in place. Please bring the exact amount ($10).
· There will be no food or drink provided after the race. Members should bring their own.
· There will be a brief prize presentation after each race but no extended socialising.
· Do not attend if you are feeling ill in any way.
Vet’s Licence Fee Reduction
As an incentive for riders to return to racing, anyone signing up for a Veteran’s licence between now and the end of the year will only pay $115.
Fingers crossed everything is back to normal by the 25th!